- Isopropyl Alcohol 70% Technical Grade
- High evaporation, quick drying rate
- Effective for cleaning house holds
- 70% is known as rubbing alcohol
Kill mealy bugs: Use 70% Isopropyl Alcohol (more moisture = longer time to kill the bugs before it evaporates)Use as a disinfectant when removing ticks from dogs: Use 70% Isopropyl AlcoholDeters fruit flies: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol StraightSilk plant and flower cleaner: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol StraightUsed in gardening to remove dead, diseased and rotting plants: Use 100% Isopropyl Alcohol StraightGrowing Mushrooms: 70% is more effective at killing bacteria and unwanted fungas. 70% is better as it doesn't evaporate as quickly as 90% and above, meaning that it has time to enter the cell wall of the bacterium and kill it.Differences in Percentages
90 - 100%
The higher percentages of Isopropyl Alcohol are used for cleaning purposes like disinfecting, window cleaning, stainless steel cleaner and when you need to kill bacteria, as well as many other uses. The higher the percentage like Isopropyl Alcohol 100% the greater the evaporation rate, and it is great as it dries faster. The high grades of Isopropyl Alcohol 100% are suitable for the majority uses and is commonly used by industrial users and cleaners.
A common percentage is Isopropyl Alcohol 70%, which is the grade recommended for rubbing alcohol when applying it to the skin. The lower grade of Isopropyl Alcohol 70% means that it is not as harsh to the skin, but it is still effective. Also, the lower grade is great for getting rid of the bugs off the plants and also disinfecting as the water content mixed with the alcohol fights against growing viruses and fungus.
So which one should you get?
No matter what the percentage, Isopropyl Alcohol 100%, Isopropyl Alcohol 99% or Isopropyl Alcohol 70% are beneficial product to have in the workshop and household. The many uses it has makes it a handy product to have around. Depending on your application will impact of the percentage.
1. Keep out of reach of children;
2. For external use only, do not swallow;
3. If ingested, seek immediate medical attention;
4. Flammable keep away from fire;
5. Discontinue use if skin irritation develops.