SLATE SEAL Gloss or Satin is a clear, fast drying, non yellowing acrylic sealer which enhances the natural beauty inherent in new or old slate floors. It has been UV stabilised to ensure your slate has the best possible protection against the sun's harmful rays.
SLATE SEAL is suitable for commercial and domestic slate areas, unglazed terracotta, paving bricks and most interior and exterior applications such as kitchens, family rooms, hearths, and patios.
SLATE SEAL imparts a long lasting, high gloss finish to sealed surfaces.
SLATE SEAL is highly resistant to ultra violet light, prevents most staining and allows easy low cost maintenance.
Note: Newly laid areas need approximately 2-4 weeks to allow mortar and grout to cure and dry prior to sealing (depending on weather conditions).
- Excellent re-coatability
- High resistance to yellowing
- High resistance to wear in heavy traffic areas
- High gloss finish on slate and other hard surfaces
- High solids formulation for long life
- Prevents staining and allows easy low cost maintenance
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
WARNING: Ensure good ventilation to dispense solvent vapours. Keep away from naked flames, etc.
- Surfaces to be sealed must be thoroughly clean and dry and free from grease, oil, paint, acid, efforescence and traces of grout.
- Newly laid areas need 4 - 6 days to allow mortar and grout to cure and dry prior to sealing. slate which has been acid washed needs at least 4 weeks for slate to dry prior to sealing otherwise floor can turn white.
- Surfaces previously sealed with slate sealers other than Tasman Slate Seal, or polished surfaces, must have all traces of old sealer and polish completely removed with suitable strippers.
- Prior to sealing the slate, the slate should be cleaned thoroughly. It should be continually washed until, after repeated washings, no slate dust appears in the wash up water. Allow at least 24 hours for the cleaned area to dry. Prior to sealing give the floor a quick vacuum.
- Do not seal hot surfaces - all surfaces must be cool.
- Apply 3-4 even generous coats of SLATE SEAL GLOSS with a paint brush. Allow approximately 4 hours or until touch dry between coats.
- Avoid heavy traffic for 48 hours after sealing.
- To maintain seal in dry areas apply Tasman Slate Finish as per instructions. Otherwise simply apply Tasman Slate Seal to worn/dull areas as required.
1 litre will cover approx. 8-10 square metres with two coats.
Brushes must be cleaned with Tasman Slate Seal Solvent or softened by soaking in Tasman Slate Seal 10 minutes prior to reapplication